SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Minor aesthetic bug

View previous topic :: View next topic  
slith

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:11 am    Post subject: Minor aesthetic bug Reply with quote

In game 18891 (http://www.spielbyweb.com/game.php?games_id=18891), there is a very minor bug, which really only affects the aesthetics of the game as far as I can tell. On tiles 1-3 and 4-2, a pair of stepping stones in the 4 o'clock position are incorrectly orientated. I've no idea whether this affects the movement cost, but I will check it out on my next and final turn.
HappyProle
SBW Developer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't follow what you mean.
RyanMC
SBW Developer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look right to me. I think you have a browser issue. Try doing a hard refresh (ctrl-f5) and see if that solves it.
Bkruppa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In reference to another posting, I think the reason that Ryan & HappyProle don't have a solution to the multiple profiles with single user is that, perhaps, they are one in the same. Notice the similiarities: same location; both administrators; they back each other up in postings; etc. Come clean Ryan/HappyProle -- are you the Sybil of SpielbyWeb? Twisted Evil
slith

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may be right about it being an issue at the client end. I did try refreshing the browser by clicking on the refresh button, but this had no effect. I am using Mozilla Firefox 2.0, but I guess it could be the proxy server. Anyhow, I took a screenshot of the game, just as I was making the initial post about this possible bug.

Check out the orientation of the stepping stones in tiles 1-3 facing towards tile 2-3 and the stepping stones in 4-2 facing towards 5-1.

Note that I did check this out in the final round of the game and they were still orientated the wrong way, but had no other effect. eg, moving a worker from 4-2 to 5-1 still cost 5 AP (although there were 2 ways to travel this path each costing 5). Anyhow, the game is over now and the problem is gone.
RyanMC
SBW Developer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you do a hard refresh (ctrl-f5)? That is a lot different than clicking the refresh link on your browser.
slith

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, just clicked the refresh button. Should this make a difference to the orientation of those stepping stones? How did they get screwy in the first place.
RyanMC
SBW Developer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your browser grabbed the wrong set of stones for some reason and then cached them. When you do a ctrl-f5 it will refresh the cache for that page and solve the problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Tikal All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: