SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

a few (more) questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
etothepi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: a few (more) questions Reply with quote

Sorry for posting these here, but I don't see any sort of game FAQ (NOT the main one) of any sort.

I'm looking to start a game of Wallenstein with some friends. We'll all be first time Spiel-By-Web-ers as well as Wallenstein-ers. As such, I have a few questions:

1.) Is there a time limit on each move? Or is this something we impose or not impose in game settings when it is created?

2.) Is each turn "one season?"

I think that's all, and if this is all in some sort of FAQ (for games) somewhere, please point me to it; I'm just not finding it.

3.) We just started our game, and the first person in our turn order for the season and the last person in our turn order for the season each have 33 armies remaining, while the two in the middle (4 person game) each have 34 armies remaining. We all have 25 on the board, by my count. What gives?

Thanks!

Last edited by etothepi on Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Bkruppa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In answer to your questions:
1)The only time limit is around 3 months at which point the game is officially abandoned (of course numerous angry postings will undoubtedly have been written about the person long before that) unless you set up: i.e. one move per day; maximum of 2 hrs per move rating; etc.
2)Each player gets their choice of up to ten actions per season; with the exception of winter, which is just a rectifying of grain production against provinces controlled.

Setting up a game with your friends and inviting someone (Golux, stargate, flaviorj) who knows the game well and is willing to instruct might help too.
craw-daddy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bkruppa wrote:
In answer to your questions:
1)The only time limit is around 3 months at which point the game is officially abandoned (of course numerous angry postings will undoubtedly have been written about the person long before that) unless you set up: i.e. one move per day; maximum of 2 hrs per move rating; etc.

<snip>

But of course all of those "time limits" that you mention (aside from the three month abandonment deadline) are really just suggestions and/or desires, as there's no way to enforce those things (except for gentle, or not so gentle, prodding).
Baraka69

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spamspamspam Embarassed
Drazan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Viceyl, are you just increasing the number of your posts?
fekere

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tucks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Wallenstein All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: