SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Multiple Accounts
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Comments and Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wernazuma

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I don't care about cheating here. It may have happened to me once, but OK, skip that game and continue. It's much more annoying on BSW, where I ran into several "stick together" crowds finishing off the well playing outsider in a collective effort...
ebots_mind

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:04 am    Post subject: mAd Reply with quote

It never fails in onling gaming, someone always has to ruin it for everyone and cheat.

I agree though, unless you can write a program that tracks IP address hiding software, you'll likely not catch those players with Multiple Account Disorder (MAD).

To give you guys the heads up, look out for Dirty Sanchaz/Wickedpunch, I'm almost positive that's the same person. Not very covert when you create the two accounts on the same day and continue playing in all the same games together. Moron.
spearjr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: mAd Reply with quote

ebots_mind wrote:
To give you guys the heads up, look out for Dirty Sanchaz/Wickedpunch, I'm almost positive that's the same person. Not very covert when you create the two accounts on the same day and continue playing in all the same games together. Moron.

Doesn't look like the same person to me. wickedpunch has played in a lot more games and has only won once! Same start date and playing a lot of games together looks more like two friends, one found the site and clued the other in that day. Have you seen play that suggested collusion?
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ebots_mind

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

They were constantly outbidding me in every province, even if it didn't benefit them.

Look, I may be wrong to jump to that conclusion, but given their profiles, they really don't strike me as friendly people. I just thought since I picked up on somewhat of a behavioral pattern of theirs, I'd warn the mature and honest players here who've enjoyed this community for some time.

You're right though Spearjr, it probably is a couple of friends, immature teen-agers at that.
HappyProle
SBW Developer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my experience teenagers do not have a monopoly on immaturity.
ebots_mind

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

You have a point HappyProle.

Golux, that's pretty funny. "I'm the best Reef Encounter Player on the web." lol. I'm sure there are guys out there that are so clueless as to think chicks would dig that. Doesn't do it for me though, sorry. lol. Now, if you were the best at Reef Encounter and Amun-Re, then I'd think about it. lol.
ebots_mind

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: New Reply with quote

Werna,

That's the whole point. It's next to impossible for me to find a game that is composed of members playing fairly. Most of the games I create end up being bombarded by people who know me off the internet and gang up on me so it's impossible for me to gain anything.

Then, you got the guy that invited me to this website in the first place, playing head games with me.

I doubt it's about stats. This is how these people get their jollies, by stomping on other peoples' self-esteem and making them feel like crap by being the "outsider" (i.e. isolated person from the sociometry). It's like the resurrection of some childhood playground dilemma, and now, they get to be the bully and exercise their dominance.
craw-daddy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my suggestion... First, complete the games that you're involved in, without joining any more of them. Then (privately) contact the admins to tell them that you're going to create a new account because of the problems you've been experiencing, with no intention of violating the rules of SBW.
They can then deactivate/delete/etc your old account if they like. Then create a new account with a new name, etc, etc, telling no one what your new name on this site is. I know it's a bit extreme to do this, but sounds like you might be more relaxed and happy if you do so.

I would think that if you carefully explain to the admins why you're doing this and so forth then they wouldn't object (too much?) to this. Whomever is playing "head games" with you won't know who you are, and anyone in real life won't know your name on this site either (unless, of course, they later see some e-mails you get from SBW or whatever). Then welcome to a civilized new beginning...
ebots_mind

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Yea, I thought about doing that already, but I wonder how effective that will be.

Anyway, thanks, I'll see what I can do.
samedayrepair

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you for this information!
KennyOmega

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the point of this?
KennyOmega

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should ban this guy for spamming
JoeSmith123

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess they can track IP address
Keyshawn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:01 pm    Post subject: Thx for this Reply with quote

Good person
Meredith21

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you so much
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Comments and Feature Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: