SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How is First Player determined?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nwieczorek

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: How is First Player determined? Reply with quote

I created 3 new games over the past day or so, and I was first player in all 3. Is this just good/bad luck?
Mweston

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Seat Suggestion Reply with quote

I've played over 30 games here, and see no discernible pattern. I've created the majority of games I've played, and been placed in each position.

That said, I've been first player in my last 5 Reef Encounter games, 3 of which were 4-player and 2 were 2-player. It's gotten so I'm curious how long the streak will last (even though I don't like being first in RE).

I've seen this suggestion before, and have no idea if it is a workable one: It would be nice if I could always play the same color for a given game. Seems like each player could be the same color on their screen and see the other players as the other colors. Sure, my purple wouldn't be the same player as your purple, but names are nicer anyway, IMO. But I can see it might not be workable.
HappyProle
SBW Developer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start player is determined randomly, or as close to randomly as possible if you want to get technical.
HappyProle
SBW Developer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for POV-specific colors... one of the biggest arguments against that is that it makes it difficult to have any kind of conversation about the game with the other players or with the admins.

A more interesting idea might be to let people set color preferences and then assign colors according to preference, breaking ties by number of games played/won or something like that.

So if you had the most Amun Re wins, you could always be the color you like.
nearsider

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A more interesting idea might be to let people set color preferences and then assign colors according to preference, breaking ties by number of games played/won or something like that.

I like that idea.

Another way to break ties would be whoever has the earlier sign-up date, so the crotchety veterans get their say on what color they are.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Amun-Re All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: