SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bug with Game 17645 - Infinite turns?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
spearjr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Bug with Game 17645 - Infinite turns? Reply with quote

Regarding game 17645:
Looking at the game log, I've taken two turns now, but yellow has not taken even one. Also it appears to be everyone's turn at once. I'm holding off on taking any more turns till I hear from an admin.

About the map.. I downloaded the file from:
http://www.westpark-gamers.de/index.html?/Reviews/hazienda_maps.html

It has only 11 markets, and no starting water, so I can't see anything off the bat that would have caused a problem.
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
spearjr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realized that this game had started without me giving the command to do so. So it must have reached 4 players, but only 3 are in the game. I looked back through my emails and found that alexsandro had joined, but then must have quit, perhaps at the same time (or near enough) that Betume was joining? Also I got a "it's your turn" email after Betume took his turn. So perhaps when the program tried to give a turn to alexsandro, it couldn't find him and that is when it got confused? Azog took a turn and now it is telling Betume it is his turn. Which if Azog goes after and then it becomes my turn, everything will probably be ok.
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
spearjr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azog took a turn and now it is back to telling all 3 us of that it is our turn.
spearjr

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other players have taken turns since then, and it alternates between showing everyone as the active player and only showing one as the active player. I've refrained from taking any turns so far, as I thought something could be done at first, but now, I'm guessing the only thing that could be done is to delete the game.

Should we just go wild and play around with the bug?
RyanMC
SBW Developer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see how I would fix this, even if it hadn't moved forward. Do you want me to just kill it?
spearjr

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanMC wrote:
I can't see how I would fix this, even if it hadn't moved forward. Do you want me to just kill it?

Yes please. Trying to play this out and hope that whatever is wrong won't fubar the end is silly, plus any result would be tainted.

Thanks for looking into it Ryan.
RyanMC
SBW Developer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should be good. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Hacienda All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: