SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bug: Players forced to full defence

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheCat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Bug: Players forced to full defence Reply with quote

The rules allow defenders to choose how many armies to place in the tower. If someone is making a nuisance attack, it's often better to defend with less than the full amount. For example, if one army is attacking my ten armies), I might want to put only five armies in the tower. Currently, the game forces me to put all ten armies in the tower. This is a bug, and should be fixed.
brahman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it might be a mistake, but I hope its an implementation. While its not 100% by the book, having to wait on each battle for the other person to log in and decide how many armies to defend with is going to greatly increase the length of the games.

It seems to me that it is a reasonable change that doesn't greatly alter the game in order to meet the needs of a play-by-web format.
TheCat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe a good compromise would be:

if (attacker armies < defender armies/3) { wait for defender }

with farmers thrown in on whichever side is appropriate.
TheCat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Players are allowed to decide the number of armies used to defend against winter revolts, yet not allowed to decide the number of armies used to defend against other players' attacks.
lotsa blots

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Number of Winter Revolts is far less than number of 'normal' A/B attacks. I vote that it is a reasonable compromise to speed play by web, and that web players just need to be aware of the ' rain large opposing army forces by attacking with 1 army' strategy, both defending against it and using it.
theoneweasel77

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the other way you need to look at it is that these 'nuisance attacks', if they bring your provinces count down, are seeding the tower, and actually boosting all your provinces defenses and creating nice hidden defenders. Anyone who has had their guys in the tower come to the rescue knows this can be very advantagous
Markizdekarabas

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So spammed, so nicely
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Wallenstein All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: