SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hacienda Paying Out Too Few Pesos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marinersk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Hacienda Paying Out Too Few Pesos Reply with quote

In Game 16380: Go Variaments Go!, in Round 7, I just laid a Sheep tile next to a 7-hex land chain and also next to a Market. It only gave me 3 Peso. I should have gotten 8.

What can we do to fix this?

- Steve M.
spearjr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You earned 1 pesos, not 3. That is a varient 1 game, so income earned from bringing animals to the market is different. See this page for a full explantion.

http://www.spielbyweb.com/rules.php?game=11&pg=8

*Note to Admins*

Since this question comes up frequently, is there a way to denote which varients are being used in a game, once it is started?
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
smlait

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It lists the variants in small type at the top of the game page. Maybe more noticeable text would help? Or a hyperlink to the rules page which explains the variants?

(Mind you, I never realise when I've joined a non end-to-end Tikal game until I try to move one of my workers, so I can understand not noticing the variants.)
HappyProle
SBW Developer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe a mouseover somewhere that would explain the major variant differences? My concern is that if you're not noticing that it's a variant to begin with, are you going to notice the mouseovers?

Do the variant notes need to be more obvious? They seem pretty visible to me on both the Games List and the game itself, but I'm somewhat biased. Smile
spearjr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spearjr wrote:
Since this question comes up frequently, is there a way to denote which varients are being used in a game, once it is started?

The answer to my own question is YES, there is a way to note this. On the right, there is semi LARGE text saying INFO and next to that is what map and what varients are being used. I'm sure I've seen it there before, but I couldn't see it earlier today, oddly enough.
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
marinersk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, thanks for the info.

If the variant information can be made more noticeable by newbies like me that would be great, but newbies will always be newbies.

Thanks for the clarification.

My strategy seems rather stupid at the moment given the variant I'm unwittingly playing. Smile

- Steve M.
mikeedison

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:42 am    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

thanks for this information,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Hacienda All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: