SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Game 15700 Market Bug

View previous topic :: View next topic  
smlait

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Game 15700 Market Bug Reply with quote

I double-checked; this is *not* a Variant 1 game. I connected my pig (position 6,4) to market, and only received 2 pesos. I should have recieved 18 pesos (16 for the land chain + 2 for the pigs). Can you please fix my money? I suspect the problem is related to the fact that we're playing on a custom map. Thanks!
HappyProle
SBW Developer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid you've uncovered a genuine bug. I'm not sure yet what caused it.
smlait

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This gets even weirder. I played on, and when I placed a pig at (5,4) connecting to the market, it gave me the wrong amount of money again. When I undid that move and connected to the same market at (5,6), I got the right amount of money.
HappyProle
SBW Developer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That makes sense, actually. The problem is that for some reason the pig at (6,5) lost its adjacency to your land chain. So playing any pig next to a market that relied on that adjacency wouldn't work. Placing a pig at (5,6) created a new adjacency to the land chain any bypassed the problem.

Can you give me a general recap of how your large land chain was created? Was it previously two separate chains that were joined together?
smlait

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It came from attaching three land chains together using pampas tiles. The original land chain was (4,10), (5,10), (6,9), (7,8), (7,7), (7,6), (6,6). When it was just that land chain, placing a pig at (6,5) got me the appropriate 8 pesos.

Before playing the problematic pig (6,4), I placed pampas tiles at (8,5) and (9,4) to attach it to another land chain [(9,2), (9,3) and (8,3)] then placed another pampas tile at (10,3) to connect to a second small land chain [(10,1), (11,2) and (12,2)]. That's when the problem arose.
HappyProle
SBW Developer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! That will help immensely in figuring out what went wrong.
smlait

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: Attempting to place a sheep at (7,10) or (9,6) causes the same problem. It looks like any animal tiles that were already touching the initial land chain at the time the three were connected have been "disconnected" from the land chain such that I'm only being offered pesos equal to the number of animals in the chain.

Placing a cow at (3,11) gave me the correct amount of money - presumably because it was touching the land chain itself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Hacienda All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: