SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Related What does a wedding ring on a necklace mean?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pitersport

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:39 pm    Post subject: Related What does a wedding ring on a necklace mean? Reply with quote

I only knew of one person who wore a wedding band on a chain around her neck…

One of my customers was picking out something for her daughter for her birthday. I noticed the band she was wearing on a necklace. I asked her what it symbolized…

She told me she had lost her husband fairly early on in their marriage. He was in a terrible car accident. They loved each other very much. She decided to wear his wedding ring on a chain and she told me she never takes it off.

I was sad to hear this story, but I loved her devotion and how much she loved her husband.
I asked her why she didn't wear hers along side of it? She said she just wanted it to be about him. She told me the story of how they met and about her two daughters.
I was very moved. She is still a friend of mine and loves to buy her daughters gifts for special occasions. And everytime I see her she is wearing her husband's wedding ring.
Some may say it's unhealthy for her to do this, but I feel it is special and rare. Most people would have simply put in in a drawer or some would have even sold it (I actually know of a few who did) but she wouldn't dream of doing such a thing and I think that is something to be admired.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> SpielByWeb Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: