SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do i abandon a game?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
milksheikh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We plan to offer the following enhancements at some point:

- let game creators set a desired speed of play for each game, with players needing to meet that criteria to join the game
- let game creators set a game as "screened" meaning the creator can accept or reject players from joining the game
- drop inactive players from games after a reasonable time (which will be a function of the desired speed of play)
- allow for "substitute" players to replace those who drop out (substitutes will be able to decide if a game should count in their record or not, and will also be noted for their kindness)
- ban players who abandon (drop out of) games (unless they have a very good excuse)
- allow all players in a game to consent to it being deleted as if it never happened

All in good time. Until then, please try to be patient.

In the case of tylerkai7, it looks to me like he/she got caught up in too many games and then had something in real life to contend with. He/she had a few minutes to take actions in a couple games, but it really does not look like he/she is hand-picking games to play in. <s>I've send him/her a message and </s>I imagine he/she will be back soon...

Last edited by milksheikh on Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
TheKeck

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

milksheikh wrote:

- let game creators set a desired speed of play for each game, with players needing to meet that criteria to join the game
- let game creators set a game as "screened" meaning the creator can accept or reject players from joining the game
- drop inactive players from games after a reasonable time (which will be a function of the desired speed of play)
- allow for "substitute" players to replace those who drop out (substitutes will be able to decide if a game should count in their record or not, and will also be noted for their kindness)
- ban players who abandon (drop out of) games (unless they have a very good excuse)
- allow all players in a game to consent to it being deleted as if it never happened

Awesome. I especially like the part about substitute players who are noted for their kindness. Very Happy
renegade

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

milksheikh wrote:
We plan to offer the following enhancements at some point: ... Until then, please try to be patient.

As expected, the site developers are on the right path. Please don't mistake our enthuasiasm for your upcoming changes as "impatience".

I believe I can safely speak for all who have posted on this thread. "Great job, site developers, and keep up the good work."
mrbass

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

milksheikh wrote:

That is perfect for newbies who just want to practice a game and/or see if they like it or not and not have it count on their criminal record.
Kanga

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you join a game, it must be with the intention of completing it. Quitting a game because you have decided you dont like it, even if there is a place for a substitute, should be enough to get you banned from the site, IMO.
taimurr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Tikal All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: