SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bur report: Simultaneous capture and "free" polyp

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dreadpirate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Bur report: Simultaneous capture and "free" polyp Reply with quote

Game 2596. I should be able to:

1. Move my shrimp off my grey coral.
2. Play a white polyp onto my grey coral (capturing one of my own grey polyp tiles) in the space adjacent to the empty central space. Ok.

Resultantly, (because a white polyp was placed adjacent to the empty central space), a "free" white polyp should be placed (by the program) into the central "free" expansion space. But it isn't being placed. Sad

{I assume that perhaps the bit-o-programming responsible for eating tiles doesn't also check for the expansion-space possibility? Granted, it is a "weird" sorta circumstance, that I don't think has come up in one of my games before}

BTW, Milksheikh rules. Exclamation
dreadpirate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject: Bur report. Reply with quote

Erm... did I say "Bur". I meant "BuG". Embarassed
dreadpirate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject: BuG resolution Reply with quote

Erm... sorry.

It is still a bug, just not a very serious one.

The above procedure does work. Just not if you have removed your shrimp and placed him on a "rock" adjacent to the central free space. Still a bug (since the shrimp should be powerless to prevent "capture" of adjacent "rock" spaces), but I just placed my shrimp somewhere else, and restarted my turn, and the game now progresses normally.

Interesting though - Gives me some insight into the programming - I assume that the blank "rock" spaces are programmed as another color of polyp, that can be "placed onto" by all other colors all the time, (and thus a shrimp protects adjacent blank rocks for the brief time he is on them during a player's own turn)...

We now return you to your regularly scheduled gaming... Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Reef Encounter All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: