SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reef Encounter Polyp Attack Confusion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jadelson

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reef Encounter Polyp Attack Confusion Reply with quote

Could somebody explain to me why in the game Shootout at the O.K. Coral I can consume the gray solo polyp on the bottom rock by placing pink polyps, but the game does not let me consume the solo yellow polyp? If I add pink polyps on any rock I am allowed to consume the adjacent solo pieces, but the yellow one on the bottom rock is somehow exempt from this. Needless to say, I want the yellow polyp....

Thanks, and sorry if it's some obvious rule.
jadelson

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW I meant the white polyp on the bottom rock, there is no grey. Either I shouldn't be able to attack either the white or the yellow, or I should be able to attack either, it seems to me. I am thinking that since the pink polyp begins as only size 1, neither should be consumable, but then, I barely remember how this game is supposed to be played....
phil

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coral attacks are based on the coral domination tiles. Right now yellow is dominant over pink, so no matter how many pink polyps you have in your coral you cannot attack and consume a yellow polyp. The way around this is to spend a consumed polyp tile to flip the coral domination tile and make pink dominant over yellow.

- Phil
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
jadelson

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I glossed over the dominance rules completely in my rules refresher--for some reason it was more obvious when I read the hardcopy of my rules as opposed to when I simply checked the online section on attacking. Well, if I had finished the section, perhaps it would have been just as obvious....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Reef Encounter All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: