SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bidding Power Card name change suggestions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdiffell

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Bidding Power Card name change suggestions Reply with quote

I would like to suggest this card (the one that blanks out the next available bid) be called "Bidding Blockade", while the one that allows you to re-bid on the same province be called "Same-Province Re-bid". Right now, the bidding blockade card is called "outbid on same province" from what I can tell (cf. game "hooray for the sun god he sure is a fun god" round 2 phase 2).
milksheikh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the cards are named correctly... Check that game again, one of each card was played during the last province auction. The "Outbid in the Same Province" card doesn't have any visible effect, whereas the "Bid Blockade" card played by Tedtorgerson shows the "X" in the next bidding space.
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
cdiffell

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, OK. I didn't see anything on the interface that indicated the Bidding Blockade was played except the X on the next box. Then next to the line it said "outbid in same province" so I thought that was the only one played. Maybe Bidding Blockade needs to be added to the list of cards played on that line?

Or maybe I'm just crazy and missed it.
milksheikh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're crazy Wink

Well, what should have happened was that the "X" appears to indicate the blockade, but also in the Player Summary "Bid Blockade" should have been listed next to the player that played it. For "Outbid", there's no graphical indication, but it also should have been listed in the Player Summary. Of course, there's always the chance something didn't work quite right.

I guess I could include some sort of icon on top of the bid marker for players who've played the "Outbid" card...
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
cdiffell

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I THINK what happened was that the X appeared, but the Bid Blockade did not show next to the player, but the "Overbid" did, so I assumed only one card had been played and the Overbid was named wrong.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Amun-Re All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: