SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cheating
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Comments and Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ebots_mind

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Cheating Reply with quote

Dirty Sanchaz and Wickedpunch, who SEEM to be the exact same person.

Just thought I'd bring that to the attention of the SBW developer, as if this is the case, it is in violation of your "one account per person" rule.

Thanks!

ebots_mind

Last edited by ebots_mind on Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Bkruppa

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually when you check their stats, they have not completed the same amount of games (Wickedpunch has @ 30 more if memory serves correct) and together they have five wins...at this point I would like to invite them to my games so I can pad my stats a bit Twisted Evil . As far as your deductive reasoning ebots, not completely correct as my wife and I got accounts on SBW the same day (actually within a few minutes of each other) and have played numerous games together. Although I would like to claim that we are the same (her win % is killing mine) we're not. In regards to collusion, anyone who has played with us will corraborate the fact that more often than not we hurt each other (our version of therapy) and help others in the game. The two you mentioned might just be jerks who like tormenting you, but again I wouldnt them being in my games for the win % boost.
Kanga

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:16 am    Post subject: Re: Cheating Reply with quote

ebots_mind wrote:
Hi! I've been on this site for several months now, and have noticed some rather unethical behavior on the part of a couple members.

Dirty Sanchaz and Wickedpunch, who seem to be the exact same person, have been signing up for all kinds of games together, including an Amun-Re game that I created.

Just thought I'd bring that to the attention of the administration, as if this is the case, it is in violation of your "one account per person" rule.

Thanks!

ebots_mind

Looking closely at their games shows this claim to be totally unproven, and indeed a good example of unethical behaviour in itself. Wickedpunch and Dirty Sanchaz have played 16 games together (out of about 80 for Wickedpunch), and in those 16 games, Sanchaz has won 3 and Wickedpunch 0. Hardly the efforts of two players colluding.

I'd check my facts a bit more before posting this sort of claim.
ebots_mind

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Response Reply with quote

Bk,

I certainly can't argue with you on the possibility of them being jerks.

I never mentioned that I thought it was two players colluding. Now, one player and his alter ego colluding sounds about right.

Last edited by ebots_mind on Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:23 am; edited 1 time in total
smlait

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Also, how in the hell does someone who's only been a member since October of last fall accumulate 89 games?

I joined last July and have completed 250 games. Many of them have been with quick playing regulars and I typically have 20-30 running at once. (Depending on who you play with, it's not that hard to have a game of Tikal finished in 3-5 days.) So, I really don't think that indicates any kind of foul play. Smile
wchieng

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pls DO NOT accuse anyone of cheating without any hard evidence.
Bkruppa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, how in the hell does someone who's only been a member since October of last fall accumulate 89 games? Rolling Eyes Perhaps Stargate should be investigated. In just over 2 yrs he's accumulated over 2,000 games AND currently he's got over 50 games going...how can one man do this, I think clearly he is not human but some government AI project. How is that fair?
ebots_mind

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:17 am    Post subject: Always Friends Forever Reply with quote

Maybe the developer ought to create/install some software that detects cheaters much like academic dishonesty. Shocked Only downside is that SBW might have to start charging us to play games to keep it up and running. Laughing

Last edited by ebots_mind on Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Kanga

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think in my 250+ games on this site I've only ever seen one case of blatantly unethical play, and no cases of obvious collusion or otherwise cheating. I can't see that it is a problem on this site, and certainly wouldn't be worth the admins putting time into instead of developing other games, or putting in more useful functions like the ability to replace inactive players in games.
ebots_mind

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:29 am    Post subject: Poisoning the Well Reply with quote

So Kanga, are you saying that you approve of people signing up to this site to harass others about family members and act like nuissances in games? Is that ethical? Or is it OK to do it some people but not others?

Also, the reason this was even brought up in the first place, was because Gische got attached to the situation, and didn't deserve to be caught up in the middle of such nonsense.

He had posted something about the messageboard that ran during that game, and stated he felt it was unnecessary for the statements I made in attempt to defend myself against their attacks on me.

Last edited by ebots_mind on Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Kanga

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, however if that is genuinely happening, then it can be reported to the admins who can take whatever action is appropriate.
It doesn't require extra software etc to resolve this.
stargate

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bkruppa wrote:
Also, how in the hell does someone who's only been a member since October of last fall accumulate 89 games? Rolling Eyes Perhaps Stargate should be investigated. In just over 2 yrs he's accumulated over 2,000 games AND currently he's got over 50 games going...how can one man do this, I think clearly he is not human but some government AI project. How is that fair?

I have ONLY completed 1485 games not 2000 Mr. Green Laughing Rolling Eyes Shocked
and I complete 50 games every 10-12 days
craw-daddy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stargate wrote:

I have ONLY completed 1485 games not 2000 Mr. Green Laughing Rolling Eyes Shocked
and I complete 50 games every 10-12 days

Only 1485.... Hmmm, guess it's time to roll out the stargate 2.0 upgrade to boost those numbers quicker. Very Happy
Golux13

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to be the one to mention this, but ebots, you are now involved in two or three concurrent threads about how you don't like the way a couple of people are playing. I don't know what your situation is with specific people -- maybe they really are out to get you -- but given that you have played a total of 14 games since you signed up in September, you are currently in a grand total of 2 games, and of those 16 games, only one involved the people you accuse of hassling you... well, it's starting to seem like you may be blowing things a bit out of proportion.
stargate

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Golux13 wrote:
I hate to be the one to mention this, but ebots, you are now involved in two or three concurrent threads about how you don't like the way a couple of people are playing. I don't know what your situation is with specific people -- maybe they really are out to get you -- but given that you have played a total of 14 games since you signed up in September, you are currently in a grand total of 2 games, and of those 16 games, only one involved the people you accuse of hassling you... well, it's starting to seem like you may be blowing things a bit out of proportion.

ebots_mind I agreee with Golux13 --
and I hate to mention this ---WHO IS THE PROBLEM USER Question
your multiple threads do not help your case
and having checked the messages in your games
your the one that started the ?colorful? message theme
in the game with these two users
I think there is more to your complaint then you are telling us
I also think that we (the other users on SBW) have better things
to do than follow your threads about what appears to be a private
food fight with these users
I suggest you shut it down and move on
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Comments and Feature Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: