SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Strategy Tips for Professional Hoity Toity Players

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Hoity Toity / Adel Verpflichtet
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrbass

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:14 am    Post subject: Strategy Tips for Professional Hoity Toity Players Reply with quote

Hoity Toity Strategy Tips
I've learned from playing this wonderful game of bluff since May 2006.
These tips are dedicated to my competitive friend stargate.

Never get mad if someone just stole an item from you. They expect you to play a thief on the rebound. Revenge is sweet but that's only in the movies. Ok think Count of Monte Cristo....it took him like 20 years to get his revenge. Don't play the predictable part ever and try to come back right away. It'll come but wait on it a bit like the baby lion king cub was taught to do by his papa.

It's a long game. Let me say that again it's a long game. You can come from behind really quickly in this game. Ok some games there is a little rabbit in front and he never gets shot cuz the players keep going to the auction house thinking why worry about little rabbit. Ok folks this isn't Hare and Tortoise the little rabbits can run and they will if you don't shoot him with a tranquilizer dart.

Don't play like you do in all the games. Mix it up. If someone has played with you before they'll predict your patterns and know with a certain degree of certainty what you'll do in various situations.

Steal steal steal. Why is everyone afraid of getting thrown in jail? Too many real life experiences or something? In Hoity Toity just keep getting put in the slammer and you'll push yourself out. I probably go to jail about 5 or 6 times a game. And it's fun too...yeah it's more fun than going to jail in Monopoly.

Exhibit your bling. Just show a little. Who cares if you get stolen from. As long as it won't break up your entire streak of cards then go for it. Minimum is three cards so let the little thief steal it.

Overall advice is it just seems people are too afraid to show some cajones in this game and that's usually what wins. No I don't exhibit too often and yes in some games never at all but there are times you can tell everyone is going detective. But biggest mistake is not playing the thief more often as that's how you collect your items. Screw the auction. Auction is good for filling in crucial items to complete your consective cards.

A's and F's are pretty much worthless never pick those up unless it's like a 1600 card or something.
jamessw

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting
GordonReid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tell me smth interesting
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Hoity Toity / Adel Verpflichtet All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: