SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How did you get permissions/resources to create your game?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
capnemo-1734

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:42 pm    Post subject: How did you get permissions/resources to create your game? Reply with quote

I'm a curious programmer wondering what it's like for an indie developer to create a small board games site like yours. There are big game sites like BGA and Yucata. When you approach a publisher to get a license are they amicable to granting you one even if you're small?

There had to be a first game, a time when you were starting from zero. Did that make it any harder?

Have you ever asked a publisher about making their game and had them reject it outright?

I saw you retired Amun-Re due to its license not being renewed. I guess when this happens it makes it impossible to keep a game up. I say this minding the many Monopoly knock-offs which provide the same rules/mechanisms but change the names and art. I think I saw an Acquire clone too. I am trying to understand when and if the knock-off approach is ever viable. Or if it should just be avoided in all situations.

It's a shame to have put all the hours into implementing something only to lose it to a revoked license.

Do you have advice you could share with someone like me who is considering doing something like this as a side project, for fun?

Last edited by capnemo-1734 on Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:43 am; edited 2 times in total
marga

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice post
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Amun-Re All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: