SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SIM card blocked?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Comments and Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RuthMorrisonMR

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:00 pm    Post subject: SIM card blocked? Reply with quote

I was using a SIM card in a 4G router yesterday and it was working fine for most of the day but now it doesn't want to connect. Just tried it in my laptop and constantly see 'Connecting...'
Now I've put the card in my phone and have switched on tethering and it looks as though it's working.

Can I tell if the telco is only allowing access via a telephone?

I have a program called Mobile Broadband SMS Toolkit. Would this indicate some sort of status of the SIM? ie why it won't connect while in my laptop?
Sojestan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to get you straight: this router/modem device allows you to put in a SIM card and connect to the 4G cellular network for Internet access? I think you have to put the card into some sort of adapter before stuffing it into a laptop. I also think you may be on the right track in troubleshooting and thinking that ""telco is only allowing access via a telephone"". I suspect this is something more technical - like the modem refusing to work if the card has an actual phone number programmed in. I'd suggest that you connect with the telco and keep pressing for answers.
mynijah

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you look for alternatives...?
mynijah

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you look for alternatives...? I mean, Wi-Fi is definitely one. I don't get why you would be struggling with putting a SIM card into your laptop in order to have internet. That can also damage your SIM card. I have a friend who used to travel a lot. He used a similar program like yours but completely lost his phone number. He had to wait months for the operator to restore everything he had (contacts, access to different apps based on phone number verification, messages). Until then, he used a temporary phone number. It works pretty well, but it's hell having to go through what he experienced.
Elizabeth Navarro

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:45 pm    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

I really appreciate this extremely intresting article.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Comments and Feature Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: