SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feature request - confirm when buying a land or animal tile
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
modboy

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally would not want to confirm all card purchases. There are so many I probably would get into the habit of just clicking "Yes" each time it pops up even if I made a mistake.

Another idea (which I'm not too fond of either but I want to throw it out) is having the option of not revealing the next draw card after one is purchased. You would click on the deck to reveal the next card(s) when you want. This would allow you to start your turn-over if you purchase a card you don't like, etc. (since you aren't seeing anything new).
lord_nelson

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GDW wrote:
Having to confirm every single card would be annoying beyond belief. It is too small of an action and it occurs too frequently.

it can only occur 3 times per turn, and then only if you buy 3 in that turn. and in reality even then it is only 2 extra confirms as the last one already has a confirmation dialog. so you are talking about only 2 extra clicks.

I for one would really like a confirm on buying a card.
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ahauwi1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: UI Design Reply with quote

Has this idea been considered? What if the images of the animals / lands were altered to have "PURCHASE" written cross them on the diagonal? It seems to me that the user error we hope to correct is due to a momentary confusion of the item for one in your hand; having "PURCHASE" or something like that smeared across the image could help to mitigate that.

Similarly, perhaps we could work on stopping the Amun-Re errors at the source rather than adding confirmations. The error I seem to make too often in that game is to buy 5 farmers in round 6, when I intended to buy 5 stones. I make that error partially because the boxes with numbers in them look identical for each item you're purchasing. I think it'd be helpful if those boxes had icons in them to remind you what you're purchasing. I think I'd be less likely to click a 5 showing a green rectangle in it (or 5 such rectangles), when I really intend to purchase 5 stones.
LuvHightide

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Another Voice to show Support or Not! Reply with quote

I have not played this game long, but enough of Amun-Re to
1st enjoy the Re-do turn, other than the cards as it is only fair that you take a card you can't return it as it would be unfair to the next player, but if there is a "confirm" stage in part of the game, why not added to another stage of the game??

I would have to agree that it makes sense, no matter what the reasoning in our human make-up Wink

In real life playing a game, don't you have the option of changing your mind if you haven't looked at the card ?? Kind of like a kid holding onto his playing piece while looking at the board and then changing his mind and putting the piece back?? Wink
TheCat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see the cards for purchase at the top of the screen, and then the cards to play at the bottom, with the board in-between. This would have the advantage that you could use the same graphics for both, and you wouldn't need to try to interpret the miniature disc images.
t_o_m9

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play on a lap top and the thumb pad is notorious for clicking to buy when you are just moving the mouse around. Also some times the page freezes and then once it unfreezes the thumb pad will register a click in the wrong place and buy something. For notebook users the confirm would be great. Maybe make it an option in your profile to confirm or not
HappyProle
SBW Developer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you might want to disable tap-to-click... one of the most problematic interface "features" I've ever seen.
Early_10

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine either way on Hacienda but would love a redo turn option on Amun-re. I've had my 4 year old "accidentally" take my turn too often! Embarassed
freduk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sounds like you might want to disable tap-to-click

A problem with my laptop too (Sony Vaio). I've been wondering how to disable this for ages. Any ideas? Smile
Golux13

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

freduk wrote:
Quote:
Sounds like you might want to disable tap-to-click

A problem with my laptop too (Sony Vaio). I've been wondering how to disable this for ages. Any ideas? Smile

I find most minor adjustments like this can be accomplished through judicious use of a claw hammer.

Twisted Evil
RyanMC
SBW Developer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of times you will see a program down in your task bar (near the clock) for your "pointer device" You can usually right click on that and remove tap to click. If not it should be done inside the control panel in the section that controls either your mouse or touchpad depending on the driver.
nita20698

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be annoying to have to confirm each play.

Nita Rolling Eyes
Denise

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have made a lot of mistakes in Hacienda but never about playing or buying an animal card, and believe me I am of a certain color.
freyagarcia969

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to a big writing team, you can get any paper quickly.
samuelddarden

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A sale deed is among the most significant papers that serves as the legal documentation for the sale or transfer of ownership of the property under discussion. The sale deed contains precise information on the land in question, which is universally agreed upon by the sellers and buyers. The deed contains information such as terms & conditions, the selling price of the property, and so on. Off-topic, subway surfer is the first game in Google Play history to break the 1 billion download. Yes, its true.

Visit: https://www.darbaar.com/toca-life-world-hidden-secrets-locations/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Hacienda All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: