SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Australians Dominate 2013 Empire State Building Run-Up

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abournat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:33 pm    Post subject: Australians Dominate 2013 Empire State Building Run-Up Reply with quote

By David Monti(c) 2013 Race Results Weekly, all rights reservedNEW YORK (06-Feb) — Athletes from Australia took four of the six podium spots at tonight’s 36th Empire State Building Run-Up Powered by the MMRF here, led by race winners Suzy Walsham and Mark Bourne.  About 600 athletes took part, climbing the 1576 steps from the gleaming marble Art Decco lobby to the 86th floor observation deck of this city’s tallest building.Walsham, 39, who lives in Singapore, scored her fourth victory at this race in five attempts, overwhelming her nearest challenger in the invitational women’s field by 43 seconds.  She was the first to enter the stairwell on the ground floor, and climbed to victory alone.  Her time of 12 minutes and five seconds was her fastest ever here by a wide margin, although it was well of the event record of 11:23 set by Austrian steeplechaser Andrea Mayr in 2006.“I was first through the door so I was able to run my own race,” Walsham told Race Results Weekly.  “In the past, if you’re not first through you kind of panic a little bit.”  She continued: “Today I had a strategy not to go out too hard for the first 20 floors, because there are no landings there and you build up a bit of lactic acid.  So, I tried to hold back a bit, and once I hit that 20th floor where the landings start I really got into my stride.”Suzy Walsham and Mark Bourne of Australia after winning the 2013 Empire State Building Run-Up Powered by the MMRF(photo by Jane Monti for Race Results Weekly)
cathylister

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

who can verify this ->About 600 athletes took part, climbing the 1576 steps from the gleaming marble Art Decco lobby to the 86th floor observation deck of this city’s tallest building.Walsham, 39, who lives in Singapore, scored her fourth victory at this race in five attempts, overwhelming her nearest challenger in the invitational women’s field by 43 seconds.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: