SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Donations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Comments and Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bogey

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Donations Reply with quote

I haven't been on here long enough to know if there is a "fund drive" or not.

However, I just donated and wanted to remind everyone to drop a few bucks in pot. This is a great site!!
stargate

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

people >> it's time for some donations

only 88 users have made donations

over 300 users have completed 150 games
over 200 users have completed 200 games

for 150 games a donation of $10.00 is under 7 cents per game played

this is cheap compared to the cost of a game for Wii, Xbox or PS
Knave

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 step plan for increasing donations

step 1

When Steve Von Laudicina joins newbie games and then abandons them on purpose, don't attack the newbie. Blame Steve.

step 2

When a newbie proposes some changes to the website, don't tell him to shut up because he is a newbie. It tends to make the newbie feel less invested in the community.

my point?

I probably will donate eventually, I absolutely love this site, but I'm still feeling a bit burned by the above situations. I'm feeling less antsy about #2 since my Bus suggestion was taken seriously, but I'm still annoyed about #1. Not about Steve mind you, he is what he is. I'm annoyed at the community who supported Steve, and I'm not quite ready to give money yet.

though, if they accept paypal, it will probably be sooner rather than later.
Carmilla

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Donations Reply with quote

Darn. My question was going to be "They take PayPal, right?"
Dobinator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I understand it, the site is entirely funded by MichaelSheik, and our donations just serve to repay him for his expenses, with no profit allowed through contractual agreements. Thus, if you fail to donate because you feel snubbed by the community, while still using the site, you're punishing the admin for something he had nothing to do with.
vikingberserker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it sad that there are only 124 users who have donated out of the 7298 users registered to this site.

For as much enjoyment this site gives...I don't think $5-10 is a lot to give.
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JokeToy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wonderful clarity of the graphical interface, the careful implementation of the rules of the actual games, the remarkably small number of minor bugs, the ability of the program to always remember where it is & where you are in your game play, the relatively good refresh speed for a browser based system, the prompt notifications, the rich data base of statistics & game logs, the diversity of the players it attracts, all make SBW a terrific site for on-line strategic gaming. Plus the whole thing is free !

Ponying up for a small donation is simple & painless. Mikael continues to improve the site by adding new games as licensing arrangements permit & making the interface easier to use. As 1 member already mentioned, he caps the donations @ precisely the amount of his expenses, so his is truly a labor of love. Please help support Mikael in these worthy efforts.

Now let's play another game or 2 !
Alaina15

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is nice
Reek

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Comments and Feature Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: