SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tikal Winter Olympics ROUND 3 results / Qualifier Standings

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JokeToy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Tikal Winter Olympics ROUND 3 results / Qualifier Standings Reply with quote

ROUND 3 of the Tikal Winter Olympics featured several close games and produced four different winners. Here's how those games stacked up.

ROUND 3 results:

@TWO#13 Barra(uda 117 (1) borisumi 109 (2) JokeToy 108 (3) daveszum 102 (4)
@TWO#14 Saul Pum 119 (1) Barra(uda 102 (2) albeitar 97 (3) jvick25 85 (4)
@TWO#15 The Hammer 104 (1) Saul Pum 101 (2) borisumi 99 (3) daveszum 97 (4)
@TWO#16 JokeToy 105 (1) The Hammer 102 albeitar 97 (3) jvick25 96 (4)

Final standings and point totals after ROUND 3 (1st = 5 points, 2nd = 3 points, 3rd = 2 points, 4th = 1 point, plus carryover from ROUNDs 1 and 2):

[1] Barra(uda 28
[2] The Hammer 26
[3] Saul Pum 20
[4] JokeToy 19
[5] albeitar 14
[5] daveszum 12
[7] borisumi 11
[8] jvick25 10

Someone finally figured out how to slow down Barra(uda and it was Saul Pum in game #14. Before you start feeling bad for (uda take a look at his sparkling record after 6 qualifying games: 5 gold medals and 1 silver medal ~ wonderful play Laughing The Hammer also compiled a fantastic record: 4 gold medals and 2 silver medals Smile. Those two crafty old sharks (well I don't really know how old they are so let's just say they're experienced Wink ) medaled in every event and will lead Saul and JokeToy into the playoffs. Saul notched 3 gold and 1 silver while JT managed 2 gold, 2 silver and 1 bronze.

Hearty thanks to albeitar, daveszum, borisumi and jvick25 for making the tournament field highly competitive and all the games fun to play. Al grabbed 3 silver medals and 2 bronze, Dave took down 1 gold and 1 silver, Eva scored 2 silver and 1 bronze, and jvick stood on the podium with 1 gold medal. The level of sportsmanship was very high throughout and I do appreciate that. Congratulations everyone Exclamation and thanks again for playing Cool
The Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks JT for hosting the tournament and good gaming to all the participants involved with these contests.

Was fun and competitive wielding those shovels amongst all of you in the various games digging for those treasures and scoring those temples. Good comp all around. Was my pleasure to sit at the online gaming table with you all and compete for the wins!

And congrats to all who made it to a playoff spot and the 1st game coming up. Until next time - happy gaming. The Hammer
jvick25

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second the thanks to JT for running everything. Thanks to all for allowing me to play with such elite Tikal players.
Saul Pum

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

best part about it, IT was not all one game type. It was interesting to mx it up as you did. Well done!
JokeToy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a fun tournament format, isn't it? For me one of the enduring great features of Tikal is how re-playable it is (I've plunked my money down for a new game well over 800 times here on SBW). Part of the reason for that is the map changing every game but another key element is that there are 6 different game types - 2, 3 and 4 player, standard and auction - all of which play really well and pose their own distinct challenges (unlike most games where the number of players can vary).

I'll be taking the shank of the summer off tournament-wise but I'll try to crank another one up this fall, likely with fewer games so we'd have a chance to finish up before Christmas. And you're welcome to jump in any time if you don't mind swimming with sharks, jvick, because you're a classy player Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Tikal All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: