SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Outdoor Vaping: How to choose the best vape device

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nataliehay

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:46 am    Post subject: Outdoor Vaping: How to choose the best vape device Reply with quote

When I’m not writing about vaping, I like being outdoors.

Much of my spare time is taking up with surfing, going for long walks and growing vegetables in my garden.

I know I’m not alone. After switching to vaping, many people gain a renewed enthusiasm for outdoor activities.

But whether you simply enjoy the outdoors, or whether you have a job which requires you to spend a lot of time outside, it’s well worth considering what vape equipment you choose.

For example, while I love simple but effective devices like the PockeX (for reasons I highlighted in our Classic Vapes post), I find they can easily get clogged up with dirt and sand.

Fortunately, whether you prefer a simple pod system or a chunky and powerful mod device, you’ll find a number of devices suitable for outdoor use. In this post we review the features you need for outdoor vaping, and highlight some suitable vapes for using in tougher conditions.

Features to Look For
Drip tip cover/cap
One simple feature which can easily solve the issue of dirt and sand getting in your device is a drip tip cover. The Endura T1811 comes with a magnetic drip tip cover which clips into place over the cap – and if you lose this, it’s easy to buy a replacement cap. You can also purchase silicone caps to cover drip tips for as little as a pound.

Innokin Endura T18II in hand
Robust battery capacity
If you’re going to be out and about for long periods of time, one thing to look for is an impressive battery capacity.

The larger the mAh, the more capacity the battery has and the longer it can last. Of course, it’s not just about battery capacity – if you use a higher wattage when you vape, you’re going to run down the battery more quickly.

So if you’re going to be hiking for several days, you might be best switching to a lower wattage, a higher resistance coil and adopting a mouth-to-lung style of vaping. Scroll down to the end of this post for our highlighted outdoor vape mod to see an example with a huge battery capacity.

ECO Mode
Some mods, including several in the Vaporesso range, come with an ECO mode. Switch to this mode and your battery will last for longer between charges. Of course, there’s a reason why ECO mode isn’t on all the time – the vape is just not as satisfying. ECO mode doesn’t replace the need for a good battery capacity, but in a pinch it will still beat no vaping at all!

Robust construction and coating
It’s no good having a great battery capacity if the tank is going to crack when you drop it at the top of a mountain. Look for a tank which comes with a metal construction around the glass, such as the Innokin Adept Zlide. It’s well worth carrying a spare glass or two with you just in case – some vape kits now come with spare glass included, but you can also buy these separately.

If you don’t have a robust tank, and don’t want to go to the expense of buying a new one, it might be worth getting a silicone vape band to go around your tank. These don’t offer the same protection as a steel casing, but do reduce the risk of cracks.

Don’t forget the mod either. Look for a mod with a tough construction and a rubber or rubber-like finish. For example, the Vaporesso Gen Kit comes with a finish which is made from four layers of casing, and is both scratch and flame resistant. For a pod vape alternative, the Orion Q pod system by Lost Vape comes with a tough, steel construction to help it withstand drops.

Innokin Adept Zlide kit on a desk
Dust-proof, shock proof, water proof
Going a little bit further, a small handful of mods are now starting to come with features that go beyond simply a robust construction. Of particular note are dust proof, shockproof and waterproof capabilities.

The Innokin Adept Zlide kit combines all these features with a hefty battery capacity of 3000 mAh, while the Smok Mag P3 is able to withstand water immersion of between 15 cm and 1 meter for up to 30 minutes.

But perhaps the most impressive piece of kit is the Geekvape Aegis Pod.

Billed as the toughest vape pod system yet, the device come shock proof tech that includes anti-fracturing (the ability to absorb energy from drops and knocks), anti-deforming (which evenly distributes stress) and anti-propagation (which refers to it’s 1.77 mm Zinc alloy shielding).

As with the other devices in this section, it’s also waterproof, able to withstand depths of up to 1 meter for up to 30 minutes.

Grip
Out and about in the heat? Sweaty hands are not the best for holding a smooth metal device. Fortunately, many of the mods with robust, rubber like construction also have good grip. It’s also worth looking for a mod with a textured layer to further improve grip.

The Innokin Kroma-R mod and the Vaporesso Swag II are examples of devices which come with textured grips in order to improve grip.

Lanyard
I suspect many of the lanyards that seem to come with every vape mod today are rarely used. However, it is worth considering when you are hiking. When you are clambering over a style in a field, ascending a mountain or climbing up a ladder, it can be dead handy to keep your hands free! Of note here is the Innokin MVP5 which includes a lanyard and charger rolled into one.

Size
Of course, sometimes you might not want a large device for space reasons. If so, you might want to consider a pod system with a decent battery life. The Smok RPM40 is small and compact, and the 1500mAh battery ensures a decent battery life, especially when used with higher resistance coils.

White Smok RPM40 in hand
Vape Glass
Unfortunately, tanks and vape kits are limited by legislation to 2ml, which ensures that heavy users waste time continually refilling their tanks. Vape glasses with additional capacity can be bought seperately, but if you do buy an extender, it’s probably a good idea to avoid bubble glass – they look great, but crack a lot more easily than regular vape glass. So if you do buy an extender, look for one which goes straight up rather than outwards!

External Batteries
All batteries run out eventually, which can be a pain if you are camped out miles away from a plug. So it’s well worth considering a mod that uses external batteries, as you can easily charge these up at home and carry spares around with you. Alternatively, or if you have a device that has fixed internal batteries, consider carrying around a portable power bank like the Pebble Explorer.

MVP5 Survival Mod Kit
A superb option for outdoor vaping is the Innokin MVP5 kit. This comes with a huge battery capacity of 5200mAh which can last the average vaper several days. The device is robust and sturdy, and comes with a host of survival features which include an altimeter, thermometer, power bank functionality, a wrist strap and multiple flash light functions.

Innokin MPV devices pictured next to a lake.
When the device first landed on our desks, we thought Innokin might have forgotten about the basic function of a vape device (to provide a great vape) with all this added functionality. But it’s the quality of the vape as well as the battery life that rapidly made it one of our product manager’s favourite devices.

What’s your favourite device for outdoor vaping? Let us know in the comments!
DanielLee5

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started vaping with the simplest vape pen, I even didn't get the principle difference between different devices, cartridges, e-juices, etc. Now I can say I am rather experienced vaper and prefer the same vape pen but with a brass knuckles vape battery.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: