SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Official login issues thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
milksheikh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Official login issues thread Reply with quote

I'm working on this problem -- any solutions will be posted here.

I have made some changes to the cookies that the site issues. Try deleting all spielbyweb.com cookies and then log in. If you have any problems, please let me know.

Last edited by milksheikh on Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
milksheikh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other comments on this issue in the following posts (all of which have been closed):

http://www.spielbyweb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482
http://www.spielbyweb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=483
http://www.spielbyweb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=507
http://www.spielbyweb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=509
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Llama

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: Official login issues thread Reply with quote

milksheikh wrote:
For now, try deleting all spielbyweb.com cookies and try logging in again.

Didn't work for me.... Crying or Very sad

joe
Joe Casadonte
jcasadonte@northbound-train.com
Würfel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got logged out of Amun-Re mid-turn. I had selected not to take any power cards and went to select taking a farmer and the screen said I wasn't playing in that game. I looked up and somehow I'd been logged out without even leaving the website.
nearsider

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted this in the other thread, but when I switched to Safari it worked. It still doesn't work in Firefox for me. So if you're still having issues, you might want to try changing browsers for a temporary fix.
Otto

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whew, I was finally able to get back into my "fast" game... Thanks Mikael! Very Happy
I had even tried logging in on another computer that was working for another player, and that didn't work. So, I am not sure it was just a cookie-issue, but I can log in now.

In case someone else has this problem:

Delete all temporary internet files (cookies)... I don't think all the SBW cookies are obviously labeled. It didn't work when I only deleted the obvious ones. Close all browser windows, then try logging in again.

Happy games!
milksheikh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made some changes to the cookies that the site issues. It seems to be working fine for me (using a variety of browsers) -- if any of you continue to have problems, please let me know.
seamusk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: ew: login Reply with quote

milksheikh wrote:
I made some changes to the cookies that the site issues. It seems to be working fine for me (using a variety of browsers) -- if any of you continue to have problems, please let me know.

I can login and play but I cannot get it to remember my login. I tried using the login on the bottom of the forum and the other one and it doesn't work in either case. Is this no longer an option with the login changes?
RyanMC
SBW Developer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: ew: login Reply with quote

seamusk wrote:
milksheikh wrote:

I can login and play but I cannot get it to remember my login. I tried using the login on the bottom of the forum and the other one and it doesn't work in either case. Is this no longer an option with the login changes?

Did you mark the box(on the forum page login) to remember you? What browser are you using? OS?
seamusk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: ew: login Reply with quote

RyanMC wrote:
seamusk wrote:
milksheikh wrote:

Did you mark the box(on the forum page login) to remember you? What browser are you using? OS?

yes, I checked it. I'm using Safari in OSX.4
seamusk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: re: login Reply with quote

actually, nevermind. I just re-tested it and it worked. Not sure why that is.
son of beer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Official login issues thread Reply with quote

milksheikh wrote:
I'm working on this problem -- any solutions will be posted here.

I have made some changes to the cookies that the site issues. Try deleting all spielbyweb.com cookies and then log in. If you have any problems, please let me know.

I am able to log on to the site fine, but when I try to access my games through the "Your Games" link it comes up displaying that I am L_hudson. If I try and enter a game the site prompts me to log in again

I have deleted all cookies and temp files but am still unable to resolve the problem...
RyanMC
SBW Developer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure you are getting to the site via www.spielbyweb.com and NOT through spielbyweb.com I was playing with a few things and not appending the www. will cause you problems.
Riff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for fixing the cookies issue! Very Happy
Tony9

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

current kiu ni aa ra
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: