SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Displaying the Number of Armies in the Tower

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you like displayed the number of armies currently in the tower - grouped by player color and including the number of farmers?
Yes, display the # of each player's armies that are in the tower.
84%
 84%  [ 11 ]
No, leave it like it is. Make players figure out the # if they so choose by doing their own simple calculations.
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 13

tomparauda

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:53 am    Post subject: Displaying the Number of Armies in the Tower Reply with quote

One of the conveniences of playing Wallenstein on this site is the game information made available to us in such a clear, accessible manner.

Wouldn't it be helpful to add another important piece of information: cubes (armies and farmers) currently available in the tower?

"Armies in supply," "armies in the cup," and of course armies in individual provinces, while all visible in the board game for those who want to take a look and do a count, are all more easily accessible in the spielbyweb version. Figuring out how many armies one has in the tower is also possible in the board game--and presently in the on-line version--but it entails some calculation that has to be done frequently to keep current.

Doesn't it make sense to use what programs can do best, provide the results of such calculations immediately and continuously, for this small but sometimes telling variable?

Of course, I'm not involved in implementing such changes, so this is all just informational, but I thought those that are in a position to make any updates might be curious about how players feel about this topic.

Sorry for the repeat post (I posted the same observation yesterday, one others have brought up in the past). I've simply included a poll with this one for feedback.

Thanks in advance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Wallenstein All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: