SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reef Encounter League interest?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lindalait

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in Very Happy
sedge

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I too will be in a 3 or 4 player league. If you need to do a 2p game to break ties, you can still count me in but from a personal perspective I'd prefer a suitable tie-breaker than needing to play a 2-player game. This isn't just because I haven't got any desire to play a 2p game, but I think it also may delay the whole league and is a 2p match really a good way to determine who did better in a series of 3 or 4 player games (I think they're a different style of game).

On another note, I know that the whole meta-game thing was a real concern of mine when I ran a couple of Tikal tournaments, but I never saw anything resembling this at all, nor did I receive any feedback or negative comments about this happening.

Likewise when the previous RE league was running I thought it may have been an issue, but I never saw anything which led me to suspect any kind of meta-gaming going on.

I think most users of the site, especially the frequent ones, are courteous and play the games in the spirit with which the games are intended, and in the competitions I've been in, played with the same spirit throughout the run of the whole series.

And, looking at the posters to this thread, really can't see anyone pulling out any 'questionable' moves.

I guess you could always start the league off with a more softly-softly approach and then move to 2p tiebreakers if needed if there have been reports/complaints/suspicions of metagaming, but like I said above, I really can't see it being a problem, and using "points-lost-by" should hopefully negate it anyway.

That being said, I'll go along with whatever you decide.

And thanks for organising too!
EzeBig

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have decided to go with the before mentioned ladder format. If it doesn't work well, it might change. I have moved the sign-up "action" to a new thread, but those of you already signed up need not do so again.
MajinAku

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be interested in joining!
EzeBig

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does that mean you are in?
MajinAku

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Reef Encounter All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: