SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Culling My Maps

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IBX

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:27 am    Post subject: Culling My Maps Reply with quote

I have recently decided to make non-public about 1/2 of my maps in hopes of increasing the play on the other ones.

I'd welcome anyone's input into maps of mine they like (or dislike) so I can determine which should get the axe.

With that in mind, remember that MOST (but not all) of my maps are designed for 2-3 players max. Many of the maps that I really enjoy fail miserably with 4-5 players...
Zaui

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep: 618, 604, 597 (we had a nice game on that one), 576, 529, 263, 228
rico44

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not played as many games as a lot of you here, but surely you can never have too many maps!! Smile I think that's part of what made this game my favourite here, although I do spend a little time with Amun-Re, but rarely much else. Is culling the answer? Very Happy

Maybe a new competition of some sort could be held, 2 and/or 3 player, on the maps you would like to see more play on. Assuming you don't just setup a few more games on the maps you want, or even make sugesstion of some for tourneys, who/when do you want to increase play on the others?

I'll still make a list of maps I'd like to keep, but I would also say there are some duplicate / similar maps out there (not neccesarily yours) that could also go. Maybe a few others will check up on their own and cull a few of those maps from the list to narrow things down. In any case, best of luck choosing the whopping 50%, it'll be hard to choose! Smile
cjharris30

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi IBX. I've enjoyed several of your maps over the last year of playing. Most of them are too small for the 3-4 player games that I prefer, but they are great for the occasional 2-player game. I think the reason you are getting less plays is that most of your new maps are too far down the list. I'm not sure how to fix that, but removing the older ones will make even less available at the top of the list. However, if you are bent on removing some, I'd suggest keeping two of my favorites 259 & 529. (I'm dyslexic so I often get them mixed up.) Very Happy

Anyway. Thanks for the great maps, and I always enjoy the opportunity to match wits with you on the board.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Hacienda All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: