SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

final scoring round

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sbw999

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:23 am    Post subject: final scoring round Reply with quote

I couldn't find any other forum that specificly deals with the rules, so I'll thought enter it here

I played several games of hacienda but the exact timing of the final scoring round is not totally clear to me.

In a few games I noticed that when any of the players (first exhausted the animal deck everybody got to do a final round of actions after that round where the animal deck was exhausted.

But in a variant2 game the match ended right at the end of the round where the animal deck was exhausted. Only points for money was rewarded.
Is there that distinction between a variant2 game and a non-variant2 game? I coudn't find it in the rules

Remco
Kanga

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game ends the round that the last animal is bought.

The website changes the name of the round from Round xx to Final Scoring Round at the moment the last animal is bought, but the effect is the same as above.
sbw999

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kanga, thanx for your swift answer
gische

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two things to note that you might not completely understand, based on the way you asked the question.

1. If the last player buys the animal that will end the game, no one else will get to have another turn.

2. In variant 2, since all scoring occurs as soon as it happens, the only "end game" scoring that happens once the game is ended is the money bonus.
sbw999

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gische, thanks for your reply

I was aware of point2 but I thought I had observed a "normal" game ended different then a variant2 game in respect to point 1
I think now that my observation was wrong here.
Early_10

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbw999 wrote:
Hi Gische, thanks for your reply

I was aware of point2 but I thought I had observed a "normal" game ended different then a variant2 game in respect to point 1
I think now that my observation was wrong here.

Well the main difference in no variant and v2 aside from the instant tally of scores, is v0 the animal deck being divided into 2 piles, one for each round so I guess you were looking for that second pile.
SurferJoe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gische says:
2. In variant 2, since all scoring occurs as soon as it happens, the only "end game" scoring that happens once the game is ended is the money bonus.

Players can place cards that score during the final scoring round, right? I ask because I wrote perl script that analyzes the log for scoring types and the program gets confused in the V2 with V1 scoring round sometimes.The log is messed up for placing animals that get herd size points.

Example:
Player 3 places a 3 tile at (11,12) and scores 3 points.

3 points for what? What is a 3 tile? I'm guessing either you should not get points like you say or the logger is broken.

See game log for game 55567. Not allowed to post a link or do BBcode quotes because I am new.
Kanga

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maryellen163 places a 3 tile at (11,12) and scores 3 points.

this should have read

maryellen163 places a horse tile at (11,12) and scores 3 points.

with the 3 points being for making a herd of 3 horses
SurferJoe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The log entry should also say "for increasing a herd", which I use to put the score in the "herd" category.

How do you file a bug, then? The bug only affects my analyzer not the score so maybe "bug" is too strong a word. It is hard to describe without using able to us BBCodes for formatting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Hacienda All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: