SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suggested maps for League season 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kanga

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Suggested maps for League season 2 Reply with quote

You can look at these on the create game screen.

If there are any maps you dont like, let me know. I haven't played many of them, I'm just going by appearances.

There are 14 listed here, none of which were used in season 1.

magnusgb

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I've played almost half of these, and I remember them as fun. Of the maps I havn't played, nr 60 is the onlyone I'm not sure about. Since it only has 9 markets. But it'll probably be worth trying once on each variant.
stargate

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no problem with these maps

I don't think any of them are broken

good play / bad play >>> good luck / bad luck >>> map variety
will balance out and we will all have fun playing
IBX

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

400 and 281 are too similar
361 and 325 aren't favorites, but playable.
54 I think is too big for 2 player.

Other maps to consider for 2 player, multi-variant that I don't think have been used:

Kanga

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IBX wrote:
400 and 281 are too similar
361 and 325 aren't favorites, but playable.
54 I think is too big for 2 player.

Other maps to consider for 2 player, multi-variant that I don't think have been used:

thanks IBX

I agree about 400 /281, 400 is probably a better version so I'll take out 281.

I also agree taking a closer look at 54, its not a good 2 player map.

367 I've added to the list, looks very playable.

251 I hate with vengeance. Land buyout map. Played it in the knockout 2p tourney I think.

228 - most markets are 1 square away, I think people would have touched all the markets they were going to reach by the halfway mark, which leads to long drawn out games. Not as sure about this one, I'll mark it down for future games sometime.

193 - only 8 markets all 1 square from land. not the sort of map I like much.

208 - looks large, but might be ok

132 not enough markets

160 added to future list
IBX

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your comments are valid, though a little overfocused on play in a no variant scenario. 228 is far more interesting in variant 1 or 2. (Same goes for 193)
rico44

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great, my message is sent to hell, that's a really nice error message... I really hate this forum sometimes. Sad

Can't believe I spent all that time replying to this thread and it's just lost, I'd rather play Bus for an eternity sometimes.... lol.
Kanga

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just hit back and refresh usually works for me
rico44

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right then. Smile

Is there a preference for symmetrical, or non-symmetrical? I've still not played many games compared to a lot of people here, but enough to make some suggestions:

182 - had a decent enough 2p game with nmichaelk
254 - played 2p fun game earlier in my time here, not sure if you would deem it suitable Smile
303 - another cluster or something similar?
387 - was an animal rush 3p, not sure about suitability

Of course, every map plays differently on the variants, so there's always some interesting differences each time.

Of those suggested:

325 - worked nicely 3p, don't know about 2p
361 - fun 2p game I had with Shizzane
400 - I had the pleasure of being beaten on here, and I agree it's a nice enough 2p challenge
419 - as above, and it's a non-symmetricaly map, but it actually felt like the game was decided quite early on in terms of land placement, anyone else played this one?

I also wondered if some of the maps from the 3 player small map tournament we had recently would work, I quite liked 138, certainly with 2p in mind.

Sorry IBX, I haven't played any of your suggested maps and I don't have enough experience yet to know what to make of maps I haven't played.

Although, 354 looks interesting...

Oh, and map 65 did actually get used in the first league when the draw went 'south' and a couple of games were on a different map in round 4 for some reason. Just to be picky. Wink
Kanga

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rico44 wrote:
Right then. Smile

Is there a preference for symmetrical, or non-symmetrical? I've still not played many games compared to a lot of people here, but enough to make some suggestions:

182 - had a decent enough 2p game with nmichaelk
254 - played 2p fun game earlier in my time here, not sure if you would deem it suitable Smile
303 - another cluster or something similar?
387 - was an animal rush 3p, not sure about suitability

Of course, every map plays differently on the variants, so there's always some interesting differences each time.

Of those suggested:

325 - worked nicely 3p, don't know about 2p
361 - fun 2p game I had with Shizzane
400 - I had the pleasure of being beaten on here, and I agree it's a nice enough 2p challenge
419 - as above, and it's a non-symmetricaly map, but it actually felt like the game was decided quite early on in terms of land placement, anyone else played this one?

I also wondered if some of the maps from the 3 player small map tournament we had recently would work, I quite liked 138, certainly with 2p in mind.

Sorry IBX, I haven't played any of your suggested maps and I don't have enough experience yet to know what to make of maps I haven't played.

Although, 354 looks interesting...

Oh, and map 65 did actually get used in the first league when the draw went 'south' and a couple of games were on a different map in round 4 for some reason. Just to be picky. Wink

I dont mind if a map is symettrical or not; many of the good maps are not, as long as there isn't only one good starting position.

182 is on my list, just a little further down it.

254 I dont like. Several reasons: all markets are separate, so no herds needed. all markets are easy touches, making it a land buyout. Too much water on map.

303 - I've always avoided the maps with clustered land types. If people think they play well, then let me know and I'll try one sometime, but it doesn't look great to me.

419 - jury is out on this one, it's possible that there is one starting position that is better than others. What do other players think?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Hacienda All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: