SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What happens when someone goes AWOL?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bwtcf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: What happens when someone goes AWOL? Reply with quote

Hi, we've been playing Amun Re game 1784 (GMT) since November and now in phase 5 of the very last turn one of our players has disappeared... is there anything we can do?

BC
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
bwtcf

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Ok, well that went down like a fart in an elevator... Reply with quote

Hmmm. That didn't work. I was actually hoping to provoke at least one constructive reply.

What I actually meant to ask was: Can you boot a player who has disappered out of a game and get a replacement (so that you can finish a game)?

If so, how?

And, if so, obviously there is a period of time one should wait before doing this - I'd be really peeved if I was booted from a game and I had just gone away for a week and forgotten to check in. Our player was due to move on January 28th... is it long enough yet?

If you can't boot someone, do you just leave the game as a write off then?

BC
RyanMC
SBW Developer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game will go abandoned at some point. (I don't remember the time frame) its an unfortunate aspect of playing this way. Hopefully the player eventually comes back, if not start a new game and move forward.
Jemima

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Milkshiek has promised to look into a more effective way of dealing with this problem, it is on his to do list. The thing i do is put up a message on the abandoned game about a new game I have created, with a password (and tell them the password) if they would like to restart. Others from another game will fill in if not everyone wants to join the new passworded game. Very Happy
bwtcf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that. I saw that it was on the list of things to look at. That's great news. We don't want to start a new game in this instance, because we are in the Harvest and Income phase of the 6th turn... we're so close to finishing it's unbelievable...

BC
nearsider

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there not a way for an admin to advance a turn, especially in a situation such as this where there's really only one option for the player?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> SpielByWeb Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: