SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Players who don't want to play

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Wallenstein
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaleHorse

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: Players who don't want to play Reply with quote

Hello: This is mainly for the moderator of this site. I have been in a game since mid-March (Name of the game is Fast Players) and 2 players have taken very inordinate amounts of time to move. The 2 players are Joe and Clochard. It has really ruined a good experience for me as I really like your game here. I warn anyone who starts a game with either of these players what to expect. And currently there is no way to prevent these players from joining a game. May I suggest creating a way for the originator of a game to boot players who sign up for a game that you know will be trouble. Boardgamegeek has this feature with their Tigris & Euphrates game and it works very well. The password feature here, while good for groups of friends, is not sufficient to prevent undesirables from signing on. No one wants to get in a game that either will not finish or one that takes 4 months to play. Thanks for listening.
DALCOW01

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

suggestion. If someone doesn't take his(her) turn within 28 days, that player will be eliminated from the game. The game then goes back into the open games so that someone else can take over that game and continue. The player that takes over the game can decide whether the game counts in his(her) statistic or not.

Cheers
DALCOW
PaleHorse

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 9:55 am    Post subject: Quitting players Reply with quote

I agree something needs to be done when someone just drops from the game but I think getting a replacement player could be a challenge. Right now we are in the Summer of the 2nd year. Who would want to assume someone else's position at that point in a game?
milksheikh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a look at my proposal at http://www.spielbyweb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=123 and let me know your comments (in that thread). Thanks!
View user's profile BoardGameGeek Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Wallenstein All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: