SpielByWeb Forum Index SpielByWeb
http://www.spielbyweb.com/

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Find a UserFind a User   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 Your GamesYour Games   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone seen a BlueGecko?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimF

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Anyone seen a BlueGecko? Reply with quote

Just an update to an old thread regarding BlueGecko.

After accepting his reassurances we continued Game 33426 but he has left the game hanging in Turn 6 Scoring - I guess he just doesn't like losing.

Take care if you join a game with a BlueGecko - though he has probably transformed into some other creature by now.
stargate

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the open hunting season for this lizard scared it away Shocked Shocked
flaviorj

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss him Twisted Evil
stargate

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flaviorj wrote:
I miss him Twisted Evil

does the lizard miss you Question
Twisted Evil
flaviorj

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

probably not Embarassed

Cool
daveszum

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Milksheikh Reply with quote

Might I propose that Blue Gekko be strikken from the data base? He also abandoned one of my games where he was going to lose. Considering the multiple complaints, I would say that he is only completing the games that he can win (thus keeping his win percent very high). I would suggest that any win statistic require a very low abandoned game percent. Thoughts?
stargate

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

people like this don't come back or will create a new username
>> so nothing needs to be done
Jobes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Rankings Reply with quote

There are too many people who are relatively new who are not aware of the problem yet may propagate (sp?) it without knowing it. It is a loophole that should be closed. Still, being a pragmatist, I have to agree with you. There is no real benefit, other than an illusory kingship, to be had. So, keeping that in mind, I withdraw my request. Thanks for reminding me! (Prestige, whether illusory or not, is quite seductive among this group; is it not? - quite a commentary on the site). You guys are awesome!!!! Shocked Sorry, lost control for a second there.......
daveszum

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: What request? Reply with quote

What request?
Jobes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Request Reply with quote

Sorry....I have also had problems with Blue Gecko and think he has used the system abusivly. I would like to suggest that he (and others like him) be eliminated from the hunt. what you point out is the hunt for what?....it really does not matter....those who play regularly figure out who is really good...gaditus, flaviorj, rseulow, etc, it becomes obvios.......
daveszum

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with your general point; but do not confuse popularity with skill. The rankings do matter to people who take this seriously (but hopefully not too seriously). I have a lot of admiration for those who have a good finishing record and a good winning record; as well as those who participate in the Forums and who are interested in the integrity of the site. It is the community that is important to maintain (sorry about the soapbox!). If it is abused and not challenged, it will become irrelevant. I have a (difficult to express) problem with that.
Jobes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: importence Reply with quote

oh, cmon....you make this sound as if it has some sort of importence....hello! it is a site for games........if you take this too seeriously, than you start to sound a bit pompos.....at the end of day, none of this is really important.....it only seems that way because you spend time here....get a grip Rolling Eyes
daveszum

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Your reply Reply with quote

While I understand why you have your sentiment, I cannot agree with it. This site has a certain value to it that words cannot express. If you do not see that, then that is your business. Still, I am hopeful that others can see it. There is an integrity (don't sneer) that I have not seen elsewhere. Also, I see an openness to discussing some fairly tough interaction issues in the forums. Milksheikh has done a very good job in maintaining this site and the experienced community has sustained it; that fact should not be ignored. Still, we have drifted into philosophy and I don't see this as a place to discuss that! I agree that this site is totally cool Cool and that the elder community (for lack of a better grouping) is cool to play with. That is what is really important (to me at least)!
Jonah

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: to serious Reply with quote

you guys are to serious! this is a game website. I am prety new and like the site. why do you go into this level of talking? Crying or Very sad
daveszum

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: Stargate Reply with quote

So we come back to what Stargate said. It really does not matter if someone abuses the site and takes advantage of the loopholes. Actually, and ironically (as far as you know), I can accept this. It really does not matter in the general sense. Still, respect among those who have experience does matter! And, in this regard, I maintain my stance (of course Surprised ) Sorry if you don't agree, but that is yet another thing that I like about this site. 'Nuff said Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpielByWeb Forum Index -> Amun-Re All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: